BRANCH SUPERVISOR, HOMEBUSH WEST
- Hours: Full Time
- Team: Management
- Based: Homebush West
- Start: Immediate
About Brandis Hire
At Brandis Hire, we are all about providing Test Equipment Rentals, the easy way.
Established in Brisbane in 2016 and growing nationally, Brandis Hire is quickly becoming the go-to company for electrical test & measurement equipment rentals across Australia. Providing a fresh approach in the industry, our focus is on providing customers unbeatable service, helping them succeed and having some fun along the way.
Despite the impacts of COVID-19, we have retained all our staff Australia-Wide and have come out the other side even stronger than before. In 2022, we were even able to open a new branch here in Homebush West, NSW.
The Brandis Hire Difference
The most important thing we’re looking for is a great personality fit and prior experience in either the hire or electrical industries.
Your new role
As a Branch Supervisor, you will report directly to the General Manager and lead a small team of Hire Controllers/Hire Specialists in your branch. You will work closely with other Branch Supervisors (QLD & VIC) to ensure that your customers receive comprehensive technical support and an outstanding experience. Your duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Leading and mentoring a small team (2-3 others);
- Building and growing existing client relationships by providing customer support for quotes, orders, and follow-ups;
- Coordinating and booking freight deliveries/collections through both staff and external suppliers;
- Stock management including checking in/out, functional testing, maintenance/repairs coordination, and stocktaking of equipment;
- Providing technical support to customers and lower-level staff;
- Providing organisational, technical, and product training to lower-level staff;
- Conduct performance reviews and implement progression plans;
- Conflict resolution and mediation;
- Management of branch performance against set targets;
- Management of branch expenditure against budgets;
- Recruitment of new branch staff as required; and
- Enjoying every day promoting a fun, positive work environment.
We are looking for a proactive, energetic person with a can-do attitude. To be considered for the role, you will have one or more of the following:
- Electrical Trade Qualifications;
- Advanced Diploma (minimum) in Electrical &/or Electronics;
- Advanced Diploma (minimum) in Business/Leadership and Management; and/or
- 3+ years of supervisory/management experience in an Electrical or Hire/Rental role and a willingness to obtain formal qualifications in electrical and/or business (at Brandis Hire expense)
The ideal candidate would have:
- An interest or understanding of AC & DC Power Systems, Motors, and Transformers;
- Excellent communication skills ;
- Experience in sales activities (new and existing customers);
- Ability to work and manage your own time, and others;
- Good planning, prioritising, organising, and strategic skills;
- Ability to implement the commercial strategy;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a solution focus and the ability to think on your feet;
- Ability to proactively build relationships with key customers/clients, lower-level staff, peers, and colleagues;
- Intermediate-advanced skills in Microsoft suite of products;
- Ability to manage individual and branch performance targets and KPIs;
- Ability to travel interstate (approx. 4 times per year);
- Clinical eye for detail;
- A physical fitness level to carry out manual handling duties;
- Australian Drivers Licence required; and
- You must have the right to live and work in this location to be considered for this job.
What you’ll receive in return
- A fantastic work environment – great people and plenty of fun;
- The opportunity to advance your career in an environment where development and education are encouraged;
- Ongoing support from Director and Management Team;
- Weekly training and development opportunities and a structured training plan;
- The opportunity to travel nationally and work with our teams around Australia;
- Free onsite parking; and
- A competitive salary that will grow with the development of your experience and skills
If you are ready to make a positive switch, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter!