The EZ-Thump V2 (Version 2) is a compact and light weight, battery or AC operated fault location system for low voltage and medium voltage cables, which along with the still available 4 and 12kV units is now also offered as a dual stage 1.5/3kV unit, with 500J in each of the stages.
- Relocated internal 24V battery, which can be exchanged by the user
- New internal battery charger, which allows operation from either the internal battery or from the AC line voltage while simultaneously charging the battery
- F-Ohm safety circuit, checking that proper grounding is provided
- Output contact for an optional external remote Emergency Off module
- Lid mounted cable pouch to accept the HV and ground cables as well smaller accessories, while reducing the footprint of the EZ-Thump V2 at the same time
- Automatic detection and localization of transformers (optional)
- Automatic cable end and fault detection
- DC breakdown test up to 3/4/12 kV
- Hi-Brite 5.7″ Color TFT Display
Standard Accessories: Refer accessories list in users manual (digi phone) attachment
Power Supply: 100V AC … 240V AC, 16A
Output Ranges and Accuracy Please refer to detailed specifications in users manual
Operating Temperature/Humidity Range -10 to 55°C and 5 to 95%RH (no condensation)
Dimensions (W x H x D) (EZ-Thump Instrument Only): 355mm 280mm 533mm
Weight ( EZ-Thump Instrument Only): 32KGS
Why clients hire the Megger EZ-Thump
When it comes to reliable, portable and high-performance cable fault location systems, clients consistently turn to the EZ-Thump from Megger. This product is a testament to the brand’s commitment to delivering high-grade electrical test equipment that merges functionality, convenience and durability. Here are more reasons to consider it for your next project.
- Superior functionality — The Megger EZ-Thump 12 is a versatile tool built to meet the demands of today’s dynamic industries. It skillfully integrates a 12kV Hipot tester, a time domain reflectometer and a surge generator in one compact unit. This blend of functionalities allows the quick and precise detection and location of cable faults — reducing downtime and boosting productivity.
- Portable and lightweight design — One of the standout features of the EZ-Thump from Megger is its compact and lightweight design. This makes it ideal for field use, as it can be easily transported and set up anywhere. Despite its small size, the Megger EZ-Thump packs a punch when it comes to performance.
- Flexible power options — The Megger EZ-Thump 12 kV offers flexible power options. It can run on AC power or utilise its internal batteries. With a quick recharge of just three hours, the unit can provide up to 30 minutes of continuous operation. This flexibility ensures you can carry on with your work uninterrupted, regardless of the availability of AC power.
- Powerful surge generator — The unit’s surge generator delivers a robust 500J, 0 to 12kV at 12mA pulse. This powerful surge capability ensures that even the most stubborn cable faults are located and resolved.
- Comprehensive kit — Every Megger EZ-Thump for hire comes with a complete kit that includes a Digiphone Plus pin-pointer with a surge wave receiver. This handy tool aids in locating faults during thumping, increasing the system’s overall efficiency and user-friendliness.
- Proven track record in Australia — The Megger EZ-Thump in Australia enjoys a solid reputation. Professionals across various industries trust this product for its reliability, ease of use and exceptional performance.
Rent the Megger EZ-Thump in Australia from Brandis Hire
Never let cable faults slow your projects down — hire the Megger EZ-Thump and benefit from our Australia-wide service. We’re proud to offer a vast array of electrical, industrial and instrumentation test equipment to meet all your needs.
With Brandis Hire, you get to enjoy the convenience of having top-tier, reliable equipment at your fingertips. Got questions or need more information? Our friendly team is just a call away. Reach out to us and let’s get you equipped with the best tools for your project.