Introducing the Omicron CMC 356
The CMC 356 is a universal solution for testing all generations and types of protection relays. This piece of electrical test equipment features six powerful current sources (three-phase mode: up to 64 A / 860 VA per channel) with a great dynamic range. As a result, the unit is capable of testing even high-burden electromechanical relays with very high power demands.
The CMC 356 is the first choice for applications requiring the highest versatility, amplitude and power. Commissioning engineers will particularly appreciate its ability to perform wiring and plausibility checks of current transformers, by using a secondary current injection from the test set.
Why customers choose the Omicron CMC 356
Customers choose the CMC 356 because it is among the leading pieces of Omicron test equipment in the company’s extensive range. Take a look at some of the key benefits.
- The CMC 356 offers improved accuracy and precision during testing.
- The unit delivers increased levels of efficiency for both testing and calibration applications.
- The CMC 356 unit has become the industry standard for protection relay testing.
- Extended features include powerful Test Universe operating software, and pre-defined test plans are available using Omicron Protection Test Library (PTL).
Here’s what to expect from the Omicron CMC 356:
- Powerful current sources for testing even high-burden electromechanical relays
- High current amplitudes for 5 A relay testing
- High accuracy and versatility for testing static and numerical relays of all types
- Integrated network for testing IEC 61850 IEDs
Learn more about the CMC 356’s key specifications:
- Standard Accessories: Transport case, Connection adaptors, Software CD, Test Leads x 12, Computer interface cables, Upright stand
- Power Supply: 100 – 240 VAC Generator Outputs Data Please refer to detailed specifications in user manual
- Voltage Sources: 4 x independent sources, fully configurable AC/DC 0-300V
- Current Sources: 6 x independent sources, fully configurable 0-32A per channel
- Binary Input Channels: 10 Potential-free or DC-voltage compared to threshold voltage
- Binary Output Relays: 4 Binary Output Relays (Binary Outputs 1-4), Potential free, independently controlled
- DC Aux Supply Output: 0 … 264 VDC (max. 50W) Operating Temperature/Humidity Range 0 to 50°C and 20 to 95%RH (no condensation)
- Dimensions: 450 x 145 x 390 mm
- Weight (instrument only): 16.8 kg
Where to find the Omicron CMC 356
You’ll find the Omicron CMC 356 unit right here in the Brandis Hire range of electrical and secondary injection testing products. We are committed to providing our customers with the very best solutions for their projects, and this includes making products like the CMC 356 available and accessible for Australian business owners and tradespeople.
Browse our product pages and find the Omicron CMC 356 for hire. Need to lease the unit for a longer period? You’ll benefit from discounted rates when you sign up for a longer hire contract duration.
Do you still have questions about the CMC 356 and what it can do for you and your project? Reach out to our team today – we’re always happy to help you learn more about the products we provide. Ready to get started? Book your Omicron CMC 356 for hire today.